Covid-19 Alterations to Service
Like all schools in the country, we have had to modify our provision to comply with the Lockdown. We are currently delivering Forest School sessions to one school per day and have paused our Training offers to adults (including Professionals' Days). Our termly Network has moved online. Make sure you're on our Mailing List so as not to miss any updates!
BSS Forest School Opportunities
There are many ways that we work with local schools and other settings, which includes the following:
- Direct delivery with specialist groups (e.g. children with Pupil Premium, high BMI, LAC or SEMH)
- Direct delivery with 'mainstream' groups (up to 15 pupils per group)
- Outdoor Taster days - full day in the woods for pupils
- Delivery of Forest School INSET days - giving staff a basic understanding of Forest School
- Formal Training - see separate page for booking information
- Consultancy and Supervision - allowing schools to develop their practice and practitioners to get professional support
- Grounds development - advice and support about outdoor space
- Project setup - finding suitable sites, producing risk assessments and off site visit application processes
- CPD and networking - we provide professional development experiences for practitioners.
Please get in touch if you are interesting in finding more about these or would like to work with us on any bespoke projects.