Primary Jigsaw is a multi-disciplinary team that works to support and improve the mental health and emotional wellbeing of children attending a mainstream Stockport primary school. Requests for support are made via a school based referral. We offer short term targeted interventions following a thorough assessment.
About the team
The team consists of 5 members of staff - Primary Jigsaw Coordinator, Teacher and Play Therapist, 3 x Child and Family workers.
- Play Therapy
- Targeted direct work with child
- Emotional regulation work
- Coping with loss and separation
- Therapeutic stories
- Bespoke 1-1 parent/carer support
- “Parenting Anxious Children” 10 week course – based on the Timid to Tiger programme.
- Supporting parents to understand the drivers of their children’s emotional health difficulties and to make systemic changes to improve this.
- Direct work with parent/carer and child to strengthen relationships
- Attending relevant meetings including TAC/TAF, Core groups, CP conferences where required.
School Staff support
- Strategic support for school staff
- Training for school staff
- Attending meetings
- Staff supervision
- Supporting peer supervision
- Supporting staff to understand the formulation for a child
- Creating targeted support within school
Heald Green SK8 3BU
0161 437 4956 opt 2